The New York State Council on Divorce Mediation (NYSCDM) Celebrates 35 Years
The New York State Council on Divorce Mediation (NYSCDM) marks its 35th Anniversary this year. We honor the organization with our annual conference, May 3-5, 2018 in Albany, NY, “Managing the Delicate Balance”.
This year our pre-conference presenter and keynote speaker is David Hoffman, Esq. from Boston Collaborative Law LLC and lecturer at Harvard Law School. He will be presenting on “Getting to the Heart of Conflict: A Workshop on Practical Techniques”.
Other presentations for the three day event will be:
- Spousal Support: A View from the Bench
- Navigating The New Tax Laws When Mediating Divorcing Couples
- Update on the Law
- Retirement Account Primer for Mediators (Session 1) and Navigating the Retirement Landscape (Session 2)
- Addressing Diversity, Inclusiveness and Implicit Bias: Concerns Facing Mediators
- Making the Case for Caucusing in Divorce Mediation
- Debate: Is There a Place for Consulting Attorneys in Divorce Mediation?,
- Trends, Resources & Techniques to Know When Mediating Domestic Violence Cases
- Mediating Past Stereotypes
- Breaking Through Stalemates: Understanding What Impasses are Really About
- Converting Calls to Clients
- What the Heck is HECM?
Continuing education of our members and networking are two main benefits that the organization provides.
The Council pulls from every corner of the state; brining mediators, attorneys and other supporting professionals together in our common goal of making mediation the preferred option for couples divorcing.
As President of the NYSCDM and an Accredited Member, I support continuing education for all mediators as well as the statewide networking the Council offers.